[mythtv-users] Linux shell command to check I can tune to MythTV channel (DVB/no vid or aid)?

Zack Jones zackjones88 at mail.com
Sat Nov 3 18:36:07 UTC 2018

Does anyone know of a single Linux shell command that can use to check if given the appropriate tuning details it is a valid channel and should be tunable by MythTV?

A major problem is that MythTV doesn't seem to use Video PIDs or Audio PIDs (I can't find them in the mythconverg database) so most utilities do not work and then if these apps could work (e.g. tzap) it still needs a further app to see if the tzap is actually viewing a proper channel.

Thanks