[mythtv-users] Scheduling recordings through command line

Michael Wisniewski mikewiz38 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 13:00:37 UTC 2018

Hi!  I saw a posting here back from 2006 that talked about it.  The
previous responders mentioned using something called TVWish.  It sounds
like this is exactly what I'm looking for but it hasn't been updated for
quite some time and looks like it doesn't work with .27, and I haven't even
attempted it on .29.

I was wondering if there's a tool out there to be able to search for a
show/movie and be able to schedule it on the command line.  I think I may
be able to use the API but I think you have to get the recordid first and
then schedule it that way.  Just wondering if somebody else has an idea or
a tool I can use.

Thanks!