[mythtv-users] mythshutdown

jksj jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Tue May 29 11:14:36 UTC 2018

On 27/05/18 12:51, Jeff wrote:
> On 25/05/18 17:27, jksjdevelop wrote:
>> FWIW mythshutdown stopped working for me when I upgraded to kernel 4.15
>> ubuntu 18.04 from 16.04. The machine would shutdown but fail to reboot.
> I'm still on 16.04, which makes me think that something in mythshutdown
> has changed, as until a few months ago, it was waking up with no problem.
>
> Indeed, for me, now neither
>
> mythshutdown --setscheduledwakeup
>
> nor
>
> mythshutdown --setwakeup yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss
>
> have the intended effect, despite no error message being given. In both
> cases, the alarm date is changed, but the alarm time not.
>
>> sudo rtcwake -v -m no -t $1
> Thanks for this.
>
> echo $1 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
>
> still works for me, as I am still on 16.04, but rtcwake works too, and
> as it seems more future-proof, I have switched to this.
>
> What I also find confusing is that the settings can/must be given in two
> places, mythtv-setup, and mythwelcome -s, and it is not clear to me what
> the differences are and why they are separate.
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff

With regard to the settings being in two places. I think this is only
relevant when using mythwelcome, the functionality in which has largely
been replaced by https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Idle_Screen.

The only useful functionality left in mythwelcome, that I can see, is
the ability to set a daily start up and shutdown time.

So where setwakeup.sh is specified from |mythtv-setup|, - mythwelcome
and its settings are irrelevant.

When setwake.sh is replaced in |mythtv-setup |by calling mythshutdown
-x then the shutdown and startup times are amended if required by the
daily start and end times.

I have not noticed any changes relating to UTC since version 0.26 see
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/UTC.