[mythtv-users] mythshutdown

jksjdevelop jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Fri May 25 15:27:19 UTC 2018

FWIW mythshutdown stopped working for me when I upgraded to kernel 4.15
ubuntu 18.04 from 16.04. The machine would shutdown but fail to reboot.

I had to replace

echo 0 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm      #this clears your alarm.
echo $1 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm     #this writes your alarm

with
sudo rtcwake -v -m no -t $1

in setwakeup.sh

refhttps://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ACPI_Wakeup

Alyhough the BIOS clock is definitely UTC I was previously adding the
UTC offset, this is no longer necessary with mythshutdown providing the
correct no of seconds until the next recording.

N.B. rtcwake has to be added to the sudoers list.