[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Mythbackend issue

Ashu Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Mon May 14 20:30:10 UTC 2018

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 1:01 PM Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 May 2018 11:06:00 -0500, you wrote:
>

> >What about all these issues - the Myth Proto Issue. I notice that this
> >comes up randomly every other day as if telling me that the BE is busy.
> But
> >a 8 Gb server with 8 Gb swap, only being a backend, nothing else, hard to
> >think it is so busy it can't let a frontend talk to it.
> >
> >https://pastebin.com/Sq8Bp8yc
>
> The "Protocol version check failure" messages can have a number of
> causes.  You need to dig into the problem when it next happens.

I have seen it happening it a couple times when i do metadata retrieval.
But with 8Gb RAM, and a new box, i would hate to think the metadata is
bogging down everything!

Are there some config that will "optimize" the backend?

http://about.me/adesai