[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Mythbackend issue

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon May 14 18:00:11 UTC 2018

On Mon, 14 May 2018 11:06:00 -0500, you wrote:

>What about all these issues - the Myth Proto Issue. I notice that this
>comes up randomly every other day as if telling me that the BE is busy. But
>a 8 Gb server with 8 Gb swap, only being a backend, nothing else, hard to
>think it is so busy it can't let a frontend talk to it.
>
>https://pastebin.com/Sq8Bp8yc

The "Protocol version check failure" messages can have a number of
causes.  You need to dig into the problem when it next happens.  On
the backend, check that mythbackend is running, and then run

netstat -ap | grep myth

to see what connections are up and on what ports.  And you may need to
run Wireshark at both ends and get it to capture the port 6543 traffic
to see exactly what is happening.