[mythtv-users] Several backends and passwords

Klaus Becker colonius at free.fr
Mon May 14 08:19:14 UTC 2018

Le dimanche 13 mai 2018, 16:17:51 CEST Stephen Worthington a écrit :
> On Sun, 13 May 2018 15:48:32 +0200, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have several backends on several computers with Debian.
> >
> >I wrote a little script to change password in ~/mythtv/config.xml each time
> >I use another backend.
> >
> >But it would be simpler to have the same password everywhere.
> >
> >Can I change password manually in /etc/mythtv/config.xml and then in
> >~/mythtv/ config.xml ?
> >
> >Or is it better tu run "dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database" and/or
> >"pkg-reconfigure mythtv-common" ?
> >
> >Or is there a better way I ignore ?
> >
> >Thanks for help
> >
> >Klaus
>
> You can change the password of a user in the database:
>
> https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/set-password
>
> From root if you run "mysql" then these commands, you will see the
> list of users:
>
> use mysql;
> select user,host from user;
>
> This is what I get:
>
> MariaDB [mysql]> select user,host from user;
> +--------+---------------------+
>
> | user   | host                |
>
> +--------+---------------------+
>
> | mythtv | %                   |
> | root   | localhost           |
> | root   | savaidhg.jsw.gen.nz |
>
> +--------+---------------------+
> 3 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> So I have three users:
>
> 'mythtv'@'%'
> 'root'@'localhost'
> 'root'@'savaidhg.jsw.gen.nz'

I get:

MariaDB [mysql]> select user,host from user;
+------------+-----------+
| user       | host      |
+------------+-----------+
| klaus      | %         |
| mythtv     | %         |
| stephen    | %         |
| mythtv     | localhost |
| phpmyadmin | localhost |
| root       | localhost |
6 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I suppose I should delete some users. Wich ones and how ?

> To change the password for the mythtv user to 'new password', the
> command would be:
>
> set password for 'mythtv'@'%' = PASSWORD('new password');

Works, thank you

Klaus