[mythtv-users] Unable to install MythTV on UbuntuMATE Linux 16.04

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Sun May 13 11:16:22 UTC 2018

On 13/05/2018, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> And, in the course of my writing this last part, mythtv has installed.
>
> Now, to get it working...

And, to get it working, upon loading it, I get a message saying that I
have to join a mythtv group.

Then it tells me that, having joined the group, I have to reboot the
computer, or, to log out and then start a new login session..

And I then get a window telling me that "No running KDM.Gnome.XFCE" so
I do not know whether, after all of that, it will run with MATE.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."