[mythtv-users] HDPVR - no longer recording!

Dave Pearson (Lists) lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Sat May 12 08:04:14 UTC 2018

So, owing to the fact that they're getting a bit old and more difficult to find, I bought another HD-PVR from E-Bay.

After it arrived I decided that I should test it, so I swapped all of the cables from my working HD-PVR and put them inm the new one. I had to reconfigure mythtv to use /dev/video0 (as I'd been using udev to name the original device a /dev/HDPVR) but, unfortunately I wasn't able to record anything.

I then swapped the original HDPVR back and now I find that that one won't work either.

I could really do with some troubelshooting assistance, as I've tried everything I can thinkl of (cat /dev/video0 > test.ts results in an empty file)

Regards,

Dave.