[mythtv-users] Biting the bullet...new frontend recommendations

K Stanton stantonx at comcast.net
Wed May 9 02:18:46 UTC 2018

I'd second the Raspberry Pi.  I set up a R Pi 3 a few month ago as a
remote frontend.  I spent more time getting the backend configured for
the remote frontend, and futzing with the mysql situation than setting
up the R Pi.  I watched a lot of the Olympics on it.  In panning
sequences I do notice some non-fluidity, but I notice things like that
from the GT630 in my main FE/BE system.

Depending on your time and money situation, you might just want to spend
$80 to experiment with one.