[mythtv-users] documentation for Dvr/AddRecordSchedule missing in wiki

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon May 7 21:08:43 UTC 2018

On 05/07/2018 03:57 PM, Thomas Boehm wrote:
> On 07/05/18 22:13, Bill Meek wrote:
>> You're right, but the intent is to use GetRecordSchedule and modify
>> it's contents to return it in an AddRecordSchedule.
>>
>> See update_template and add_rule in the attached (if you speak Python.)
>> Even if not, you'll minimum parameters I've used. Description is optional
>> as I recall. Note the parameters that must not be sent in add_rule.
>>
>> I'll add it to my list o' stuff.
> Sadly, I don't speak Python. I just want to execute a "simple" curl
> command in a bash script.

OK, but you can see the required parameter names in update_template
and those that can't be sent below.

Just try Dvr/GetRecordSchedule?Template=Default (or your favorite template.)

To your question in Paul's response, FindTime is the *local* time as
in HH:MM:SS.

As to Type, yes, you must return it. If you get a template that has
the desired value, then you just copy it and return that.

I'll see if I can find an old set of curl lines, but that's why I
wrote the Python tool.

--
Bill