[mythtv-users] Problems reported with Fedora 28

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Mon May 7 09:15:56 UTC 2018

On 07/05/18 09:27, John Pilkington wrote:

> There have been reports that mythfrontend hangs in Fedora 28 and
> Tickets have been opened with proposed patches.  It seems that gcc8 is
> testing for a vector condition that has not previously caused problems.
>
> The Tickets are #13264 and #13263 - but at present I'm getting a
> perhaps-related failure on Trac:
>
> Something has triggered an error on your website. This is the default
> error page for nginx that is distributed with Fedora. It is located
> /usr/share/nginx/html/50x.html
>
> John P

The problem with Trac is being worked on. Our old server is dying so a
lot of the web infrastructure is being moved to other servers (OSL and
Github). Trac for some reason is not behaving in it's new home and there
are also some problems with commit notification emails. There may be
other as yet undiscovered problems. Let us know if you see anything.

I find it reassuring that even the professional admins get these kind of
problems just like us amateurs :) Harrisons's Law states that "When it
comes to computers nothing ever goes smoothly".

Paul H.