[mythtv-users] Biting the bullet...new frontend recommendations

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon May 7 01:13:06 UTC 2018

On Sun, 6 May 2018 14:55:05 -0400, you wrote:

>4. I'd like an nVidia card using HDMI at least capable of advanced 2x
>deinterlacing as I'm currently getting. The GT 430 I have however has
>a limit on the output resolution and can't play 4K video for example.
>I currently have an LG OLED TV so I'd like to be able to play 4K if
>possible.

The only good option for an Nvidia card that does 4K is the 1030
models.  The others draw far too much power - they are set up for
gaming.  A fanless 1030 would likely be the best idea.  Fans are a
component that die earlier than anything else, unless you do annual
maintenance on them, which is a pain.  I think all of them on sale
should be PCI 3.0 models.  You want a motherboard that is PCI 3.0 if
you buy now, as that will last longer into the future.