[mythtv-users] audio issue - HDMI tv

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Fri Mar 30 15:38:50 UTC 2018

 ---- On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 16:08:35 +0100 Mike Carron <jmcarron at gmx.com> wrote ----
 >            This sounds like a classic case of a ground           loop. Resolve it and the noise should disappear.
 >      mike

Looks like you might be right. tried using my laptop with DP>HDMI adapter and the same problem occurs.
Touch the ground of HDMI cable to any metal part of the TV and the sound occurs so definitely ground induced.

what options do i have to fix it? seems like internal TV issue and not fussed enough to resolve the issue to go buy a new one. Can i simply run a wire from a ground point down to the mains socket earth pin (3pin UK; green/yellow)?

mains connection is 2way wall socket > with 1 of the sockets to a 6way extension. all the kit connects to the 6way; tv, amp, rpi, laptop etc.
could a faulty mains socket cause this, or is it device issue?