[mythtv-users] EOL for MythArchive, MythZoneminder, MythBrowser and MythMusic Re: linking mythtv with zoneminder live view

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Wed Mar 28 01:27:10 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-03-26 at 07:39 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> How do you figure?  Do you mean it would kill it for you (and everyone
> else unwilling to use a FE other than Myth's FE) or would kill it for
> the community/developers -- as in cease to be developed?

At any rate it is time for a name change.  The "Mythical Convergence
Box" is not a headless backend playing to an unspecified but apparently
mostly mythical frontend that is explicitly "someone else's problem."
Maybe TV as TV is just dead to the developers, but believe it or not
there are still people watching TV on a TV with an infrared remote. We
aren't all using tablets yet.

Looks like all I need to know is what the last version is going to be so
I will know when to stop updating and just ride until something can't be
made to work anymore and see what the state of play is then.  Assuming
29 to be that "final release?"  Is it going to be safe to take any point
releases?