[mythtv-users] MythTV 29.1 and git?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 27 10:49:20 UTC 2018

On 03/26/2018 08:33 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
> Here's the thing though...and some of this may be my lack of
> experience with git: When you say "in your git directory" it's sort of
> putting the cart before the horse. What I actually pulled off of
> github was based on the most recent commit in fixes/29 (as of
> 2018-03-24) using this:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/archive/60e40b352ab95a135ec2ab8f9f1ee93b4f9d245e.tar.gz
>
> I'm guessing that's in fact newer than whatever branch was tagged as
> 29.1. So basically I'm unclear as to how I'd even check 29.1 out of
> git in order to query it's version with "git describe". Clearly I'm
> missing something.
>
> I'm sort inclined to go with the newest version anyway, but I'd still
> like to understand this.

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/archive/v29.1.zip

which is available from the MythTV mythtv repository (
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv ).  Click on "Branch: master" to get a
list of branches available, then click on the Tags tab, then v29.1.
Then you can click on "Clone or download" to get the appropriate URIs.

Mike