[mythtv-users] Complication(s) with display upgrade - need help

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Mar 26 22:23:20 UTC 2018

On 26/03/18 22:24, Craig Huff wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 3:45 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com
> <mailto:huffcslists at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Groan.  I got a DVI to HDMI adapter that was listed as supporting
>     audio.  I tried all the audio settings I could find for the internal
>     video DVI-D port.  No success.  Tried again with the add-on card I
>     had briefly tried before.  Still no audio to the TV.  Pulled another
>     front end that had a Radeon internal video with DVI-D and tried
>     again.  No luck.
>
>     Either I need to get a PCI-e card for the latter system or
>     (preferably) someone can suggest a suitable and economical small
>     form factor system that I can either drop the current frontend's
>     harddrive into or clone it to something that will fit in the "new"
>     system.
>
>     How about the ASUS Eeebox E410-B0735 Mini PC?  The one I'm looking
>     at has Celeron N3150 (1.60 GHz), Intel HD Graphics, and an HDMI
>     port.  Too underpowered?
>
>     I'd prefer something a little "future-proof" in that it could be
>     expected to support 4K video in the future.  Wired ethernet is
>     present, FWIW.
>
>     --
>     Craig.
>

> Forgot a relevant spec: The motherboard of my alternate frontend has a
> PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot available with empty slots on either side for
> heatsink.

This weekend I installed two of these ASUS cards in Win10 i3 boxes which
did not appear to have adequate drivers available for their intel GPUs.
Their RAM comes with a higher speed rating than the similar MSI card
that I have been using with Myth master, Fedora 26, intel core2duo; I
don't know if it's just a marketing number.  I had no problems.  Single
slot width, passive cooling, seems happy driving 2x1920x1080 displays,
one hdmi with audio, one vga.

https://www.ebuyer.com/806221-asus-geforce-gt-710-graphics-card-gt710-sl-1gd5