[mythtv-users] EOL for MythArchive, MythZoneminder, MythBrowser and MythMusic Re: linking mythtv with zoneminder live view

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Mar 25 15:52:10 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2018-03-25 at 15:43 +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:

> It's probably wrong but in my opinion Kodi is so popular because of
> all
> the illegal content you can get with it. Difficult to reach any
> other
> conclusion when you look at all the Tube videos telling users how to
> set
> it up to do just that?

You could be right about popularity, but I don't care about popularity
but rather functionality.  Since the Kodi devs (proper) have nothing to
do with the illicit plugin side of things, popularity because of that
shouldn't really be counted as a factor in how well core Kodi is
working and it would be working as well without all of the illicit-
plugin popularity.  So all in all, the popularity due to illicit
plugins is a strawman.

> FWIW I agree with you on the FE. It was state of the art 10 years
> ago
> with commercial detection, fast jumping within recordings, time
> stretch
> etc but has failed to keep up and should be retired.

Not a decision I disagree with.  What would be good in that respect
then is that if some development cycles are being freed up due to that
retirement, they could be at least partially refocused on making the
official MythTV PVR plugin in Kodi solid.

Such an effort might also help shape the Services API.

Cheers,
b.