[mythtv-users] linking mythtv with zoneminder live view

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 21 02:19:35 UTC 2018

On 21/03/18 06:22, Paul Harrison wrote:

The MythZoneminder plugin doesn't require anything from PATH_ZMS so it's not that. The live view uses mythzmserver to read direct from the mmap or shared memory used by Zoneminder. One consequence of this is if the format of the data structures in the buffers changes then mythzmserver would need updating. I use Zoneminder 1.30.4 and it works fine so it's not that either. The only other thing I can think of is if you change anything in ZoneMinder like the capture resolution then you _must_ restart mythzmserver since there is no easy way for it to know the shared memory buffers have changed format and bad things can happen.

You also said your camera's are 16:9 but the plugin displays things as 4:3. Does ZoneMinder show the images in the correct aspect ratio? The plugin doesn't handle aspect ratio in any way just wondering if there is some way to get that info from ZoneMinder.�
Paul H.

I did stop / start mythzmserver when changing camera settings (stopped / started ZoneMinder as well just in case) but no change in symptoms. Running with the smaller resolution gets a few sporadic frames into mythtv but still generates the same types of errors and eventually (within a few / several seconds) segfaults.

Re aspect ratio (16:9), yes ZoneMinder seems to display the camera perfectly, correct resolution and everything. Events replay in correct ratio as well. As far as I can see ZoneMinder in a browser window is working perfectly.

I am running my ZoneMinder install in a docker container. Perhaps that has something to do with it?