[mythtv-users] Audio issues: nVidia hdmi and intel HDA

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Mar 20 11:07:54 UTC 2018

I said in a recent thread that I had been having problems with hdmi
audio and had lost HDA audio.  Things seem better now, and hindsight works.

I think I originally lost HDA in a BIOS upgrade required by kernel
4.14.xx, which affected old HP motherboards. A BIOS edit made the HDA
hardware visible again in kde/Plasma "System Settings", where both sets
of hardware can be configured.  Either or both can be set as defaults -
but MythTV frontend needs to be set to ALSA:default to use these
settings.   Simple....

https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/615855#615855

John P