[mythtv-users] lirc issue on rp3

David Cunningham ml at upsilon.org.uk
Sun Mar 18 08:34:34 UTC 2018

On 15/03/2018 11:44, Michael Drons wrote:

> In mythtv frontend, when I press a button on the remote (example the
> down arrow button), mythtv goes crazy and sees it and continues to
> scroll the down button.

Can't offer much help I'm afraid but to say that I've seen exactly the
same behaviour since updating to lirc 0.9.4 on Debian Stretch. I
previously had a working configuration on (i believe) 0.9.0 before the
upgrade bar the fact that irexec wasn't working. The update fixed irexec
but now have an intermittent issue where selecting any of the mapped
arrow buttons causes the behaviour you described.

The only workaround I have come across is to have a keyboard connected
at all time, when the problem manifests hitting an arrow key on the
keyboards stops the constant scrolling.

This is currently making a long-standing mythtv installation borderline
unusable.

David