[mythtv-users] No live tv and not recording

Klaus Becker colonius at free.fr
Sat Mar 17 21:08:00 UTC 2018

Le samedi 17 mars 2018, 15:14:00 CET Stephen Worthington a écrit :
> On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 13:59:05 +0100, you wrote:
> >Information Center only shows tuner 10, but I have only 1 tuner and 1 LNB
> >connected to it. Is that a problem ?
>
> If the database was properly cleared of all the old tuner data, I
> would expect that mythtv-setup would have created your tuner as tuner
> 1.  But having it numbered as 10 is not a problem in itself, it just
> indicates that there may still have been old tuner data in the
> database.  This SQL query will show you what tuners you currently have
> in the database:
>
> select
> cardid,parentid,videodevice,cardtype,defaultinput,inputname,displayname,sour
> ceid,dvb_diseqc_type,startchan,livetvorder,schedorder,recpriority from
> capturecard order by sourceid,videodevice,cardid;

It says:

+--------+----------+-----------------------------+----------+--------------
+-----------+-------------+--------
--+-----------------+-----------+-------------+------------+-------------+
| cardid | parentid | videodevice                 | cardtype | defaultinput |
inputname | displayname | sourcei
d | dvb_diseqc_type | startchan | livetvorder | schedorder | recpriority |
+--------+----------+-----------------------------+----------+--------------
+-----------+-------------+--------
--+-----------------+-----------+-------------+------------+-------------+
|      1 |        0 | /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 | DVB      | Television   |
DVBInput  |             |
1 |            NULL | 11150     |           1 |          1 |           0 |
+--------+----------+-----------------------------+----------+--------------
+-----------+-------------+--------
--+-----------------+-----------+-------------+------------+-------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

> If you have one physical tuner with a setting of 3 for "Max
> recordings", you should have three tuners listed by that query.  One
> of them should have 0 for the parentid field, and the others should
> have the parentid field set to the cardid of the tuner with
> parentid=0.

I have one physical tuner with a setting of 1 for "Max
Recordings", I don't need more.

I also have a french "Freebox" (Free is my internet provider) for french tv
and handreds of channels, but only one interesting german channel.

Cheers

Klaus