[mythtv-users] No live tv and not recording

Klaus Becker colonius at free.fr
Fri Mar 16 10:40:53 UTC 2018

Le vendredi 16 mars 2018, 23:04:13 CET Stephen Worthington a écrit :
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 19:58:03 +0100, you wrote:
> >Le vendredi 16 mars 2018, 01:40:02 CET Stephen Worthington a écrit :
> >> On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 12:03:09 +0100, you wrote:

> >My antenna has 2 LNBs, only one is used currently. A cable is connected to
> >the second LNB, but it's unused.
>
> When I said "sources" above, I was actually referring to the two
> entries in the "videosource" table in the database.  One "source"
> (sourceid=1) is set up to use the DVB-S2 tuners, and gets EPG via EIT.
> This source looks to be correctly set up.  The second "source"
> (sourceid=2) is not set up correctly and does not have any tuners
> attached to it.  It gets its EPG data by having mythfilldatabase run
> its XMLTV script.  Since source 2 is not configured correctly, I think
> it should be deleted for now - it is just confusing things for us. You
> can do that by running mythtv-setup, going to that source, and using
> the D key to delete it.

I have only one video source in "Video Sourec Setup". It's name is "Deutsch"
(= German). So I don't understand what to delete.

> I have been presuming that your DVB-S2 card has two tuners, but only
> one input that is shared by both tuners.  Is that correct?  If so,
> then internally it may well have a splitter.  If it does have two
> inputs, then you either need to connect one tuner to each LNB, or use
> a splitter to connect both tuners to the same LNB.  Otherwise only the
> tuner connected to the LNB will work.  There are some very recent DVB
> chipsets that allow the use of one aerial input with as many tuners as
> you like, without any on-card splitter.  My TBS 6909 8-tuner card does
> that.  But all the cards with four or fewer tuners that I have seen do
> not seem to use chips like that yet, so I would expect your card to be
> doing it the old way.

I have the following tuner:
http://sundtek.com/shop/By-Brand/Manufacturer/Sundtek-Devices/Sundtek-SkyTV-Ultimate-6-DVB-S/S2.html.
It has only one input. My antenna has 2 LNBS, but I don't use the second one.
So one LNB is connected to the above tuner by cable. There is a cable on the
second LNB, but ther is no tuner connected. Ok ?

> >> You have two physical tuners, but no multirec virtual tuners.  So each
> >> tuner will be able to only record from one channel at once.  It would
> >> be a good idea to adjust the multirec setting.  In mythtv-setup, go to
> >> Input Connections > select a tuner ...
> >
> >I don't have the option "select a tuner", must be new in v29.
>
> By that I just meant for you to go to one of the tuners on the list
> and hit the Enter key to select it.

I have only one tuner in "Input Connections", it's name is "DVB /dev/dvb/
adapter0/frontend0"

It's night in New Zeeland now, you work in the night ?
Here in France it's 11:40 h.

Bye

Klaus