[mythtv-users] v0.28 and SystemEvents

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 03:31:45 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 3:32 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 5:22 AM, Stephen Worthington <
> stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 00:28:49 -0500, you wrote:
>>
>> >Long ago (a couple years back anyway :)
>> >
>> >I used to use System Events (playback{start,stop,pause} to pop the
>> >mythfrontend process into elevated cgroups while playing recordings.
>> >
>> >With systemd, I just assign it and leave it nowadays.
>> >
>> >I just tried to setup an event for RecordingFinished :

>> "%STARTTIME%"
>> >| backend-0 |
>> >
>> >I restarted the backend (and frontend since I provisioned it from there),
>> >and it is not taking effect.
>> >
>> >Before I deleted the playback events I used, my logs were full of the
>> >events with no extra logging turned on.  I have not used them since 0.27
>> >probably, but this is driving me nuts.
>> >
>> >Anyone use these that could tell me I am doing something stupid
>> somewhere?
>> >I do not remember a tick box anywhere to turn them on or off (nor can I
>> >find one)..  There is nothing logged at all post recording.
>> >
>> >Thanks
>> >
>> >-Greg
>>
>> I am getting EventCmdRecFinished calls to my Python program correctly
>> in v29:
>>
>> MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from settings where value like
>> 'EventCmdRecF%';
>> +---------------------+-------------------------------------
>> -----+----------+
>> | value               | data                                     |
>> hostname |
>> +---------------------+-------------------------------------
>> -----+----------+
>> | EventCmdRecFinished | /usr/local/bin/mythsgu event RecFinished | mypvr
>> +---------------------+-------------------------------------
>> -----+----------+
>> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>>
>> Mar 15 22:39:00 mypvr mythbackend: mythbackend[31016]: I CoreContext
>> mythsystemevent.cpp:308 (customEvent) MythSystemEventHandler: Starting
>> thread for command '/usr/local/bin/mythsgu event RecFinished'
>> Mar 15 22:39:00 mypvr mythbackend: mythbackend[31016]: W SystemEvent
>> mythsystemevent.cpp:55 (run) MythSystemEventHandler: Finished
>> '/usr/local/bin/mythsgu event RecFinished' result 126
>>
>> Are the permissions right on /12TB/mythtv/mythlink.sh?
>>

> ​Yep:
>
> -rwxrwxr-x  1 greg greg     195 Mar 14 23:12 mythlink.sh
>
> (mythbackend runs as greg)
>
> greg     14657  0.7  1.6 6556176 202248 ?      Ssl  00:04   7:03
> /usr/bin/mythbackend --logpath /var/log/mythtv --verbose commflag
>
> Like I said, I have used this in the past without issues, but it is not
> playing nice now for some reason.  The logs show nothing when a recording
> finishes where they used to in 0.25 -> 0.27 when I imagine I used it last.
>
> I'll upgrade tonight to 0.29 and see if it clears up - I have been meaning
> to anyhow.
>
> Thanks for confirming yours works.​​

​Well, upgraded earlier to 0.29 and it still does not work..  This is
getting frustrating at this point - I will be gone all next week and need
to link to plex to watch remotely..  I guess I'll have to look at the code
to see if I missed a setting it is chekcing for somewhere..  I never
remember having to set anything to run SystemEvent jobs though..

Not to mention 0.29 has some weird issues that I do not have time to
troubleshoot (like watching a recoding and having it blink in block with a
live tv channel I am not even watching - best I can describe it) - weird
thing is I can screenshot it from the API and it only shows the
recording..  I hgave no idea how I have a live basketball (HDHR - CBS) game
blinking in and out (which no one absolutely tuned) of a recording that was
on an HDPVR (whose lineup does not even include ATSC US channels...?).
What is really strange is that I just did a packet capture and the stream
is not even going to mythtv.  Of course, I just stopped and restarted
watching the recording and it is gone.  This is all for another topic
though :)

I might just roll back since 0.29 did not fix my immediate issue.