[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Mar 9 04:23:37 UTC 2018

On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:03:31 -0600, you wrote:

>Hi Klaus!
>
>> Hi Martin and everybody.
>>
>> I tried Mythbuntu and LINHES, nothing works for me. So I returned to Debian
>> Stretch I use every day.
>
>That could have been a portion of the problem:  IIRC Mythbuntu is being
>dropped in favour of using a full-fledged operating system. (Mythbuntu
>was what I would call a partial operating system, in that it only had
>data to support the MythTV application. [Almost sounds like I'm being
>condescending - by no means!])

Mythbuntu is by no means a "partial" operating system.  It is Xubuntu
with MythTV installed on top of that.  So it uses XFCE4 as the
desktop, which is a lower resource user than the normal Unity or Gnome
desktops and in particular does not need the compiz driver that is
required for Unity that uses lots of video resources.  But the
packages that are installed on Mythbuntu are otherwise pretty much the
same as Xubuntu - it is a full operating system, just a different
flavour than Ubuntu.