[mythtv-users] Permission for /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 9 02:48:00 UTC 2018

On 09/03/18 08:33, Klaus Becker wrote:

I am searching on the web and I found that I am not the only one with this error message.

I would like to know:

I have

$ ls -l /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0   crwxrwxrwx 1 root root 212, 0 mars   8 21:43

Is that correct?

Correct in this context is probably a relative term. There is probably variability between distros. But I would have guessed something like this might have been more likely:
# ls -l /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
crw-rw----. 1 root video 212, 3 Mar  8 13:41 /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0

I tried mythtv-setup as root, just to try. I does not work either, so it seems not to be a permission problem.

Your permissions above have global rwx so running as root should not be required. I recommend don't run mythtv-setup as root will probably just cause more problems than it solves. Better to add your mythbackend user to the video group for example and run mythtv-setup as your mythbackend user.

I opened a new thread for a new question, it will be more easy to read.

Bye

Klaus