[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase

Klaus Becker colonius at free.fr
Wed Mar 7 15:31:34 UTC 2018

Le Sunday, 4 March 2018 23:23:33 CET, vous avez écrit :

> Klaus,
>
> I assume you have checked the mythtv wiki at
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_MythTV
>
> A grabber is not *necessary* to watch tv. In order to record, you would
> have to set up a 'manual recording' where the channel, start time and
> recording time are set.
>
> Although a *grabber* is not necessary, you do need to set a video source
> in that section of mythtv-setup.
>
> I suspect that you are missing setting up a video source section in
> mythtv-setup.
>
> Input Connections pairs the tuners with the Video Sources. You say you
> have done a channel scan. To test your physical setup, I suggest that
> you go to
>
> https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Zap
>
> and download the dvb-apps utilities package. These programs allow you to
> directly scan for channels and test your tuner hardware.
>
> Once you have confirmed that the hardware is properly configured, you
> can use mythtv-setup to scan for channels, and set a known good starting
> channel.
>
> Your info mentioned the ....eu_egon grabber, which has recently been
> removed from XMLTV as it is broken. That might be your problem. Upgrade
> to the 5.70 version.
>
> It does not seem that there are any free grabbers for either France or
> Germany. However the Schedules Direct sdjson grabber does have data for
> both and there is a free trial period. Channels are set/deleted using
> the Channel Editor in mythtv-setup.
>

> Geoff

Hi Geoff and all who answered me,

Thanks for all the hints ! I printed your messages and I have not yet f
inished
to read them.

I am still struggling with mythtv.

I am sure my usb stick SkyTV Ultimate 6 works. I can record tv on localhost:
22000, this belongs to the company which sold me the stick. But the site is
noy very userfriendly, it seems to be only for testing.

Nevertheless I shall try with Zap, but it's not so easy too.

I also installed Debian and mythtv in virtualbox, so I can easily "play" with
tv amd mythtv.

See you soon, I shall give you news

Cheers

Klaus