[mythtv-users] HD Home Run over WiFi

glen glenb at glenb.us
Mon Mar 5 19:25:40 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-03-05 at 19:10 +0000, David Krainess wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of trying a 2 tuner HDHomeRun over to a WiFi connected
> server.
>
> The setup would be this...
>
> HDHomeRun connect to Ethernet on a cable router
> MythTV server on WiFi
>
> I can get 20Mbs download speeds on the LAN, is that sufficient?  Does
> the HDHomeRun have a decent buffer to handle WiFi bumps?
>
> Any advice appreciated.
>
> Dave

dave, i have 4 tuner hdhomerun on wifi, and never have issue. but i use
bridge through decent power 3 antenna router with openwrt to transmit
wifi, which makes all the difference, i am in large multiunit building
with many networks. i bridge on 5g at 886m rate. in your scenario you
would bridge to near server and then hard wire bridge to server. you
would need decent router where your modem/hdhomerun is located.
otherwise i would think you might get issues.