[mythtv-users] Updating system but want to keep my database

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 14:41:18 UTC 2018

Hi, all.  I haven't been keeping my Gentoo system updated for too long, and
the list of dependency changes are huge for updating from 0.27 to current.
I've purchased a couple of new SSDs for my master and slave backends.  I'd
like to start anew with new Linux installations.  I have my database on a
separate SSD.

Should there be any issue picking my favorite current Linux distribution,
installing Myth, and pointing it to the current database to be updated?

My current revision information is:
MythTV Version : b6ae90c071a9a8eac9873fae988d5eb2434f3160
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20151025-1
QT Version : 4.8.5