[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Mar 4 15:24:44 UTC 2018

On Sun, 04 Mar 2018 15:51:19 +0100, you wrote:

>Le lundi 5 mars 2018, 03:18:31 CET Stephen Worthington a écrit :

>> This message actually means exactly what it says.  Your Linux version
>> has not been set up properly so that programs are provided with the
>> LC_ALL and LANG environment variables to tell them about the language
>> and locale environment they are running in.  My variables look like
>> this:
>>
>> LC_ALL=en_NZ.UTF-8
>> LANG=en_NZ.UTF-8
>> LANGUAGE=en_NZ:en
>>
>> I do not know the correct variables for a French (France) language
>> setup, but my guess would be something like this:
>>
>> LC_ALL=fr_FR.UTF-8
>> LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
>> LANGUAGE=fr_FR:fr
>>
>> What Linux distribution are you using?  Most will have a GUI setup
>> page somewhere to set the language and locale settings, and you may
>> have to reboot after changing them before the new settings will work.
>> In my Ubuntu 16.04 system, the file /etc/locale.gen has a list of
>> valid locale values.  The LC_ALL value seems to be set in
>> /etc/environment, but I am not sure where the other two come from.
>

>Hi Stephen,
>
>Thanks for help.
>
>For the moment, I shall only answer to the above issue.
>
>I use Debian Stretch. I saw the above message, but i verified my locale config
>and it seems to me to be ok. I have no problem with it. See
>
>$ echo $LANG$ echo $LANG
>Fr_FR.utf8
>

>$ cat /etc/environment
>(empty)
>

>$ locale
>LANG=fr_FR.utf8
>LANGUAGE=
>LC_CTYPE="fr_FR.utf8"
>LC_NUMERIC="fr_FR.utf8"
>LC_TIME="fr_FR.utf8"
>LC_COLLATE="fr_FR.utf8"
>LC_MONETARY="fr_FR.utf8"
>LC_MESSAGES="fr_FR.utf8"
>LC_PAPER="fr_FR.utf8"
>LC_NAME="fr_FR.utf8"
>LC_ADDRESS="fr_FR.utf8"
>LC_TELEPHONE="fr_FR.utf8"
>LC_MEASUREMENT="fr_FR.utf8"
>LC_IDENTIFICATION="fr_FR.utf8"
>LC_ALL=
>

>$ locale -a
>C.UTF-8
>fr_FR.utf8
>POSIX
>
>$ cat /etc/default/locale
>#  File generated by update-locale
>LANG="fr_FR.UTF-8"
>

>So I don't understand the error message about locale. If necessary, I can ask
>for help on Debian mailing list
>
>Bye
>
>Klaus

Possibly a spelling mistake somewhere?  Your LC_ variables have
"fr_FR.utf8" but my /etc/locale.gen file says that should be
"fr_FR.UTF-8" (note the hyphen and upper case UTF).  Which is what you
have in your /etc/default/locale file.

I also wonder if having the system local set to French will cause
problems with handing EPG data in German.