[mythtv-users] mythtv-status init

Stephan Seitz stse+mythtv at fsing.rootsland.net
Fri Jun 29 14:09:05 UTC 2018

On Fr, Jun 29, 2018 at 03:23:23 +0200, Stephan Seitz wrote:
>So if you want to work on mythtv-status again I would remove the init
>script and the cron job for Debian systems. Then I would write a script
>for /etc/update-motd.d.

Well, I have put a 20-mythtv-status-local file with

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
#!/bin/sh

# Include defaults if available
if [ -f /etc/default/mythtv-status ] ; then
       . /etc/default/mythtv-status
fi

# Is the binary available?
if [ \! -x /usr/bin/mythtv-status ] ; then
       exit 1
fi

/usr/bin/mythtv-status ${ARGS} -h ${HOST}

exit 0

in /etc/update-motd.d, and I have a mythtv-status information again after
login.

Maybe you should keep the cron job but only for status mails (conflicts
for example).

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--