[mythtv-users] mythtv-status init

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Thu Jun 28 06:00:36 UTC 2018

On 28/06/18 01:58, Andrew Ruthven wrote:
>> then I'm not going to break anything that isn't broken, and the
>> command-line functionality of mythtv-status will still work?

Unfortunately, it seems that systemd can't disable it:

$ sudo systemctl disable mythtv-status.service
mythtv-status.service is not a native service, redirecting to
systemd-sysv-install
Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install disable mythtv-status
initctl: Unable to connect to Upstart: Failed to connect to socket
/com/ubuntu/upstart: Connection refused
The script you are attempting to invoke has been converted to an Upstart
job, but lsb-header is not supported for Upstart jobs.
insserv: warning: script 'mythtv-backend' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: Default-Start undefined, assuming empty start runlevel(s) for
script `mythtv-backend'
insserv: Default-Stop  undefined, assuming empty stop  runlevel(s) for
script `mythtv-backend'
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script
`mythtv-status' overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).
insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of script
`mythtv-status' overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6).
initctl: Unable to connect to Upstart: Failed to connect to socket
/com/ubuntu/upstart: Connection refused
The script you are attempting to invoke has been converted to an Upstart
job, but lsb-header is not supported for Upstart jobs.
insserv: warning: script 'mythtv-backend' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: Default-Start undefined, assuming empty start runlevel(s) for
script `mythtv-backend'
insserv: Default-Stop  undefined, assuming empty stop  runlevel(s) for
script `mythtv-backend'

$ sudo systemctl status mythtv-status.service
● mythtv-status.service - LSB: Update the MOTD with the MythTV status
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/mythtv-status; bad; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (exited) since Thu 2018-06-28 07:55:02 CEST; 1min 49s ago
     Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)