[mythtv-users] Problems with program scheduling

Greg gregl at nycap.rr.com
Tue Jun 26 00:43:39 UTC 2018

On 06/25/2018 12:39 PM, George Poulson wrote:
> I think you might find it easier to get one tuner working with
> over-the-air listings data first, then add in the schedules direct
> stuff and a second source once the basics are working.
> I think you're perhaps trying to fix too many issues at once?
> George
>

> On Mon, 25 Jun 2018, 17:12 Greg, <gregl at nycap.rr.com
> <mailto:gregl at nycap.rr.com>> wrote:
>
>          I had a perfectly running system until I messed it up trying
>     different ways to run my server using NoMachine.. It worked fine for
>     video,but no audio.. Long story short, I screwed it up beyond my
>     ability
>     to fix it.. I thought no problem, I'll just reinstall it shouldn't
>     take
>     more than a few hours.. Man, was I wrong. I am on day 3.. I have
>     every
>     thing working,but I have an issue with channel sources.. I have 2
>     tuners both HDPVR's and one source I call hdpvr1.
>
>     I use that line up for both tuners. The problem is, I go to Schedule
>     direct, and select all the channels I want. I download the
>     channels and
>     run Mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all, it place's them in the db,and
>     they
>     show in the guide, also about 10 channels that didn't want show up
>     also..I go into MythWeb and delete the extra channels,but as soon as
>     mythfilldatabas runs they are back.. It mess with the guide,one
>     instance
>     is channel 23 (Weather Channel) has no info,but Channel 28 (USA)
>     show's
>     the Weather channel program info.. I think what may have happened
>     is by
>     accident I deleted all my db backup's and used one from several
>     months ago.
>
>     Would anyone have an idea why that would happen and how I can
>     correct it?

Thanks to those who made suggestions. I tried most of them before
posting on the list.. I am leaning toward dropping the db and start
fresh.. I don't remember exactly how long I have been running Mythtv,but
a rough guess is 15 years. I have for the most part been able to fix my
mistakes, but this time I am clearly out of my comfort zone... I think
though, before i do drop this db,I will give the xmltv grabber a try..

Thanks again