[mythtv-users] mythmetadataloookup - v29.1-v29.1-8-g925ceea0fb

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 15:06:58 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 8:23 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
wrote:

> On 06/22/2018 11:02 AM, Greg Oliver wrote:
>
>> The lookups are happening after each recording, but they fail with no
>> results every time, even though the results are there.
>>

> Generally if it works when run from the command line but fails when run by
> the backend, it's due to a bad environment.  So, perhaps your backend is
> started in such a way that the environment is missing something required
> for proper execution of the scripts.
>
> For example, if the backend is started with a HOME defined such that it
> finds $HOME/.mythtv , but does not export the HOME for children processes,
> it could fail.  Or, perhaps the backend is started in an environment that
> does not include the requirements to successfully execute the Python
> scripts (PATH, PYTHONPATH, ...).
>
> Mike

​Thanks for the pointers Mike, but the mythmetadata​lookup* logs show no
errors and when I lookup metadata with MythVideo, it works every time as
well.  I would assume the Videos section would fail if it was an
environment issue, plus I was runnign 0.28 on this same host/OS prior.
This only just started with 0.29.