[mythtv-users] How do programme categories work?

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 16:52:29 UTC 2018

On 22 June 2018 at 17:08, Ian Campbell <ijc at hellion.org.uk> wrote:

>     MariaDB [mythconverg]>
> ​​
> select title,category,category_type from program where title = "5 Live
> Formula 1";

​Thanks for the reply.​

​​I use EIT for all my listings data (haven't found the time to set up SD
yet) but I have to say that I don't have a clue how MythTV extracts /
processes the EIT data.​​

​I get this response to the same database query:

​title                          category                   category_type
5 live Formula 1        Sports
5 live Formula 1        Sports
5 live Formula 1        Sports
5 live Formula 1        Sports
5 live Formula 1        Sports
5 live Formula 1        Music/Ballet/Dance
5 live Formula 1        Music/Ballet/Dance
5 live Formula 1        Music/Ballet/Dance
5 live Formula 1        Music/Ballet/Dance
5 live Formula 1        Music/Ballet/Dance
5 live Formula 1        Music/Ballet/Dance​

The five 'Sports' shows are in the past and are split across 2 radio
channels (BBC R5L and BBC R5SX). The six 'Music/Ballet/Dance' shows are
also on the same 2 channels in the future.

Maybe as you suggest it is coming direct from EIT and is not (as I thought)
being selected by MythTV from a list of available categories.
​George
​