[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun channel scan fails in 0.29

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 16:13:54 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 5:54 PM, E James <e_james at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a new master backend using Lubuntu 16.04, MythTV 0.29
> and one or more HDHomeRun Dual tuners. I have the database working, the
> backend working and the frontend working. HDHomeRun Config shows the tuners
> receiving a near perfect signal and I can view the channels with VLC but I
> can't get the channel scan to work properly. I did have one scan which
> successfully listed the HD channels and another which listed HD and SD
> channels but they didn't work. Most of the time the scan works up from 21
> to 27 and then quickly skips through all the rest and says no channels
> found. My UK multiplexes are 39 (HD), 42 and 45 (SD). What is the
> significance of "Input name"? Should it be set to "MPEG2TS"? Yes, I do make
> sure that mythbackend is stopped. I never had this problem with 0.27. Can I
> still install 0.27? What exactly is the meaning of the term "transport"? Is
> it important that I understand it?

​I just did this for myself 2 weeks ago due to the NBC change in the US and
it worked without a hitch.  I also did it for a friend, and he had the same
symptoms as you and it was due to the HDHR being in use by another node on
his network.  In his case it was AndroidTV, but it could be anything having
it tuned or exclusively locked (Plex, Emby, TVHeadend, etc...).

You may want to check that first, or pick another tuner in MythTV to do the
scan and see if it goes through.

-Greg​