[mythtv-users] Any cord-cutters using MythTV?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 18 11:04:52 UTC 2018

On 06/14/2018 12:28 AM, Mark Wedel wrote:
> On 06/13/2018 12:14 PM, DryHeat122 wrote:
>> Thanks for all the responses.  The "forced commercials" on some of
>> these services is mainly what I'm trying to avoid, since there's no
>> need to time shift with on-demand services. But I should have known
>> they would put measures in place to force me to watch commercials on
>> content I'm already paying for, just like the blasted cable companies.
>
>  At least with slingtv, I have yet to run into any forced commercials.

Yeah, they're only on the VOD selections on Sling TV.  Of course the
live TV on Sling has commercials, so if you're watching as it airs, you
might consider the commercials there forced, but as Mark mentioned, you
can add the $5/mo DVR option to record and watch later so you can skip
through them.

Mike