[mythtv-users] Parts of mythtv can access DB, others can't. Version 30.

Ian Richardson grandmastermarclar at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 21:19:49 UTC 2018

Tried that. Didn't work. Also tried ensuring I can log in as the mythtv
user via 127.0.0.1 (as well as 192.168.1.234), and changing the DB Host in
mythtv-setup to 127.0.0.1. No luck there, either. mythfrontend,
mythfilldatabase, mythtv-setup all fail to talk to the DB. The backend is
fine. (I remembered an old bug where anything other than 127.0.0.1 would
fail, and I thought that might have resurfaced.)

I found /usr/share/mythtv/config.xml and, on the chance mythtv-setup might
have been trying to use that, amended the IP here from 127.0.0.1 to
192168.1.234. No dice.

Mind you, I've just used VLC to watch a recording made by the local backend
(FE, BE, and DB are all local), as it was recording... All OK.

The debug just isn't giving me enough. How can I find out exactly how those
failing parts are trying to talk to the DB? Guess I've got to look at the
source...

Thanks,

Ian