[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi Remote (was Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 183, Issue 2)

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 14:11:09 UTC 2018

On 06/02/2018 09:01 AM, Jim Best wrote:
> I am using same Inteset USB receiver (with inteset remote) that works just fine with on my other front ends that are on xenial based mythbuntu.  The remote 'works' on pi only in the sense that I can navigate menu items, but mappings like 'menu' or 'pause' fail.  It is not running through the TV.  On my other frontends I am using mythbuntu with .29 repositories and set up of lirc was a no brainer.  From what I read, MCE is supposed to be supported in kernel?
>
> I've also tried the GPIO connected ICSTATION IR transceiver, DMESG shows its connected on pin high 18, but I seem less successful than using USB method.
Did you try using Setup -> Edit Keys on the frontend? Go to Global,
menu. Select to add a key and when it asks you to press the key, press
the appropriate remote button. If it sees the key press, you can assign
it and save and it should work. Repeat for any other keys on the remote
that do not work.