[mythtv-users] MCE remote support on mythtv-light

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 17:51:55 UTC 2018

On 01/06/18 13:35, Jim Best wrote:

> Is there a updated for .29 tutorial/guide for mythtv-light on
> raspberry pi on configuring remote control?  Specifically, I am not
> able to get buttons like guide, back/escape, play, stop, record, menu
> to function. Running mode2 does show input is received. Remote is
> inteset 422-2 in MCE mode.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jim

I suspect your  mce "compatible" remote is generating key codes which
are not recognised by X and hence mythtv.
If your remote is being treated as a HID (Human Interface Device) there
is a good write up at https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/HID_Remotes

The ir-keytable solution worked for me on a raspberry pi 3

If you are really lucky the RC6 keytable in the write up may work for
your remote.

You will need to install ir-keytable and evtest  (sudo apt install
ir-keytable evtest)
On raspberry pi you need sudo infront of the ir-keytable and evtest commands

Once the mapping has been sorted out you can use Edit Keys in
mythfrontend to complete your setup

Mike