[mythtv-users] Harmony Hub and MythTV

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Tue Jul 31 21:35:23 UTC 2018

> I bought the same Plugable that you have.  I have it paired, but it is not
> obvious how to configure keys.  In the Harmony app, when I select
> "Customize Remote" for the activity, then select a key to configure on the
> remote, it only gives me a Up, Down, Left and Right as choices.  I assume I
> have it configure wrong.

When you set up your computer as a device, you need to tell Harmony that it
is a Windows computer rather than Other.  I beat my head against the wall
on this one for a while too.

Even after doing this, the list of keys is not complete. For instance,
there is no way to map a button to CTRL-, (control-comma) which decreases
time stretch (I mapped the red button on my Streamzap remote to this, and
wanted to do the same with the Harmony Hub remote). It is on my list
tonight to mess around with changing mapping of keypresses to actions on
the Myth side to match key sequences that can be matched on the Harmony
side, which will require using the Key editor in Mythweb, and if I want to
avoid breaking use of the Streamzap, also in the ~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc
file. Tedious and messy, but it looks like it could be done.

--Greg