[mythtv-users] find_orphans.py not working on current?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 15:32:51 UTC 2018

On 07/21/2018 08:59 AM, George Poulson wrote:
> On 21 July 2018 at 14:56, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com <mailto:keemllib at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Does line 100 in find_orphans.py look like this?
>
>          if not (f.endswith('.mpg') or f.endswith('.nuv') or f.endswith('.ts')):
>

> ​Mine does, yes :-)​
> ​George

"Works for me" using the version on the Wiki.

I assume 'tvbox' is the correct hostname.

diff ~mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml ~/.mythtv/config.xml should match. Which should
be the case assuming "everything works fine" means that mythfrontend
works when run as your own user. *Important* as Storage Groups are searched
here to develop the list of filenames.

I'd start planting print statements in find_orphans.py. Looks like the
list of files is getting created, but for some reason names from metadata
aren't being removed (unfiltered.remove().)

When I add the print statement below line 98:

             for f in list(unfiltered):
                 if name in f:
                     unfiltered.remove(f)
                     print 'removed from unfiltered list: {}'.format(f)

I get lots of output, as it excludes matching files in the metadata.

You could do this too to see if the metadata list is created
note that kwargs includes the hostname. After line 84:

     recs = list(DB.searchRecorded(**kwargs))
     for blah in recs:
         print 'metadata: {}'.format(blah.basename)

--
Bill