[mythtv-users] remote ssh to run mythtv-setup ( ssh -X mythtv at server mythtv-setup ) hangs on exit

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 04:54:28 UTC 2018

On 07/14/2018 07:05 PM, Brent Bolin wrote:
> Not really sure what you mean by checking.

It's checking the start and stop commands used by the backend. I just used
curl to avoid going into mythtv-setup. Looking for the start and stop
commands in the DB.

This is what I get when running
> the curl command
>
> sshroot at 192.168.0.124
> root at 192.168.0.124's password:
> Last login: Sat Jul 14 18:43:22 2018 from 192.168.0.102
> ubuntu at root:~
>   curl -H Accept:application/json
> 127.0.0.1:6544/Myth/GetSetting?Key=BackendStartCommand\&HostName=_GLOBAL_
> {"String": "mythbackend"}

I think Steven answered the question, but in the above, the start command above
would literally execute mythbackend and that would be done "outside" of systemd,
which is a bad thing. When I run the real mythtv-setup (not the shell script, as
I don't use Mythbuntu) it does stop the backend.

So, as before, {"String": "sudo \/bin\/systemctl start mythtv-backend.service"}
is what I have (and it works.) The backslashes aren't really in the DB.
Of course ... systemctl stop ... for BackendStopCommand.

--
Bill