[mythtv-users] Airplay audio only in v29

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 31 01:00:19 UTC 2018

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 17:44:12 -0600
Michael A Weber <mweberjunk01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

That's true, but AirPlay is a bit different and isn't much used, I
believe. So it's probably worth disabling the "listen on all subnets"
and using a real ip address on your backend to see if it changes
anything.

> so, for some reason, it isn’t trying to load that up, and I don’t
> know why.  That frontend, running across an ssh X session over to my
> Mac, even plays recordings.  So, apparently much of it is working.
>
> Also, the setting isn’t present to enable AirTunes on the backend’s
> frontend.  I just finished going through and making sure all the
> runtime dependencies are installed, I went through the configuration
> script to make sure all the options I believe I would need are
> present and enabled, and still nothing.

It should show up if libdns_sd & libcrypto are installed.
You probably need the RAOPKey from your other machine as well.
The USING_AIRPLAY is set by mythfrontend.pro