[mythtv-users] Airplay audio only in v29
Michael A Weber
mweberjunk01 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 03:25:16 UTC 2018
> On Jan 29, 2018, at 6:34 PM, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 11:18:59 -0600, you wrote:
>
>
>> Stephen
>>
>> Hmmm. Does this setting also tell Mythfrontend how to behave? I have a separate frontend from the backend, and my case is for the frontend machine. I dont run a frontend on the backend machine.
>>
>> Best,
>> Mike
>
> Good question - I do not know the answer. If they both use the same
> code to bind IP addresses, then that setting would probably apply. It
> is at mythtv-setup > General > Host Address Backend Setup > Allow
> Connections from all Subnets. Given its placement in the settings,
> that would suggest that it only applies to backends, but the only way
> to know for sure is to try it.
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Well, we can chart that one up to not being the problem. I suspected it wouldn’t by the nature of the setting label as well as the helper text, which reads “Allow this backend to receive connections from any IP address on the internet. NOT recommended for most users. Use this only if you have secure IPv4 and IPv6 firewalls.” That tells me that built into mythbackend is the restriction to not accept connections from devices on any subnet except the x.y.z.0 subnet on which the backend resides. Also, all my frontend machines are on the same subnet as the backend and any machine trying to airplay to a frontend, so that’s definitely not it.
I did just notice in the frontend log before I even attempted to airplay to it that there are several lines similar to my error lines:
Listening on TCP 0.0.0.0:5000
2018-01-29 21:09:21.395688 I AirPlay: Created airplay objects.
2018-01-29 21:09:21.396331 I Listening on TCP 0.0.0.0:5100
2018-01-29 21:09:21.396736 E Failed listening on TCP [::]:5000 - Error 10: Protocol type not supported
and now I’m thinking it’s something in the configuration of the frontend, OR there is a problem in the compilation of the frontend code (which I did not compile).
I’m wondering if anyone else can verify if airplay audio to a v29 frontend functions. If so, that would confirm that it’s definitely a problem with my frontend build specifically, rather than with something in v29 code.
Mike
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20180129/338a7033/attachment.html>
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list