[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 02:11:14 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 7:33 PM, Paul B. Henson <henson at acm.org> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, will the built-in mythtv schedule puller at some point
> be updated to use the newer format and avail of the increased lead-time
> data?

(I created the Schedules Direct JSON API and a proof-of-concept
grabber which side-loaded data into the MythTV table without using
mythfilldatabase)

Our JSON service has a lot more than just 13+ days of schedule data
(which varies by country); there's additional information in the
programs and schedules that doesn't have an equivalent in XML, so
isn't used.

This is what "Raiders of the Lost Ark" looks like on the JSON service.
A lot of metadata is already included in the program, like cover art,
cast photos, etc, and it comes from Gracenote instead of "title
matching" via ttvdb, so no chance that a namespace collision gives you
porn as your cover art.

{
  "programID": "MV000158920000",
  "titles": [{
    "title120": "Raiders of the Lost Ark"
  }],
  "descriptions": {
    "description100": [{
      "descriptionLanguage": "en",
      "description": "Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) braves snakes and
Nazis to find the biblical ark of the covenant."
    }],
    "description1000": [{
      "descriptionLanguage": "en",
      "description": "Renowned archeologist and expert in the occult,
Dr. Indiana Jones, is hired by the U.S. Government to find the Ark of
the Covenant, which is believed to still hold the ten commandments.
Unfortunately, agents of Hitler are also after the Ark. Indy, and his
ex-flame Marion, escape from various close scrapes in a quest that
takes them from Nepal to Cairo."
    }]
  },
  "genres": ["Adventure", "Action"],
  "officialURL": "http:\/\/www.indianajones.com\/",
  "keyWords": {
    "Mood": ["Thrilling", "Engaging", "Charming"],
    "Time Period": ["1930s"],
    "Theme": ["Escape", "Adventure", "Pursuit", "Quest"],
    "Character": ["Archaeologist", "Villain", "Explorer", "Love interest"],
    "Setting": ["Desert", "Airplane", "Germany", "Egypt", "Jungle",
"Washington, D.C."],
    "Subject": ["Exploration", "Expedition", "Nazism", "Showdown"],
    "General": ["Ark of the Covenant", "Snakes"]
  },
  "contentRating": [{
    "body": "British Board of Film Classification",
    "code": "PG",
    "country": "GBR"
  },

<snip>

{
    "body": "Mediakasvatus- ja kuvaohjelmayksikk\u00f6",
    "code": "K12",
    "country": "FIN"
  }, {
    "body": "Motion Picture Association of America",
    "code": "PG",
    "country": "USA"
  }],
  "contentAdvisory": ["Adult Language", "Adult Situations", "Violence"],
  "movie": {
    "year": "1981",
    "duration": 6900,
    "qualityRating": [{
      "ratingsBody": "Gracenote",
      "rating": "4",
      "minRating": "1",
      "maxRating": "4",
      "increment": ".5"
    }]
  },
  "cast": [{
    "billingOrder": "01",
    "role": "Actor",
    "nameId": "25704",
    "personId": "25704",
    "name": "Harrison Ford",
    "characterName": "Dr. Henry 'Indiana' Jones, Jr."
  }, {
    "billingOrder": "02",
    "role": "Actor",
    "nameId": "35610",
    "personId": "35610",
    "name": "Karen Allen",
    "characterName": "Marion Ravenwood"
  },

<snip>

{
    "billingOrder": "09",
    "role": "Actor",
    "nameId": "3584",
    "personId": "3584",
    "name": "Alfred Molina",
    "characterName": "Sapito"
  }],
  "crew": [{
    "billingOrder": "01",
    "role": "Director",
    "nameId": "1672",
    "personId": "1672",
    "name": "Steven Spielberg"
  }, {
    "billingOrder": "02",
    "role": "Writer (Story)",
    "nameId": "23344",
    "personId": "23344",
    "name": "George Lucas"
  }, {
    "billingOrder": "03",
    "role": "Writer (Story)",
    "nameId": "162726",
    "personId": "162064",
    "name": "Philip Kaufman"
  },

<snip>

 {
    "billingOrder": "21",
    "role": "Hair Stylist",
    "nameId": "473908",
    "personId": "465033",
    "name": "Mike Lockey"
  }, {
    "billingOrder": "22",
    "role": "Makeup Artist",
    "nameId": "473909",
    "personId": "465034",
    "name": "Dickie Mills"
  }],
  "entityType": "Movie",
  "showType": "Feature Film",
  "recommendations": [{
    "programID": "MV000747180000",
    "title120": "The Mummy"
  }, {
    "programID": "MV001078290000",
    "title120": "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider"
  }, {
    "programID": "MV001522590000",
    "title120": "National Treasure"
  }],
  "awards": [{
    "name": "Academy Award",
    "awardName": "Academy Award",
    "won": true,
    "year": "1981",
    "category": "Sound"
  }, {
    "name": "Academy Award",
    "awardName": "Academy Award",
    "won": true,
    "year": "1981",
    "category": "Special Achievement Award (Sound Effects Editing)"
  }, {
    "name": "Academy Award",
    "awardName": "Academy Award",
    "won": true,
    "year": "1981",
    "category": "Best Visual Effects"
  }

<snip>

 {
    "name": "British Academy of Film & Television Arts",
    "awardName": "British Academy of Film & Television Arts",
    "year": "1981",
    "category": "Cinematography"
  }],
  "hasImageArtwork": true,