[mythtv-users] Help needed with error in recordedseek table not fixed by optimize_mythdb

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 23:47:18 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 5:30 PM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> On 29 January 2018 8:41:13 am Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 3:31 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> last
> file is
> repair

> >> Hmmm...  The "easy safe repair" step looked like it worked as seemingly
> >> confirmed by re-running the myisamchk test against the recordedseek.MYI
> >> file afterwards, but once I restarted mysql and mythtv-backend and tried
> >> running optimize_mythdb again, I get the same error result and a
> subsequent
> >> run of myisamchk shows the error is back again.  Maybe I need to fix the
> >> #sql-5de_e6a.MYI file, too?
> >>
> >> Not so sure I'm comfortable with that.  I'll ponder on that awhile,
> whilst
> >> hoping someone can chime in with more advice, since my last db backup
> was
> >> done before the most recent recordings (backup was Saturday morning so
> >> recordings done in the last 24 hours would be unaccounted for).
> >>
> >> --
> >> Craig.
> >>

> > Well....  The recordedseek table keeps coming back bad, even though
> > myisamchk (using only the "easy safe repair" step) seems to indicate it
> > fixed the table.
> >
> > I could restore the tables from my last backup to an alternate location
> and
> > overwrite the recordedseek.* files with those from the backup and then
> run
> > jobs to build the seek data for the recordings done since that backup,
> but
> > I'm not sure if that would introduce corruption with recordedseek data
> not
> > being in sync with other tables.
> >
> > I could use more advice.
> >
> > --
> > Craig.
> >

> I am intrigued as to why that table keeps repeatedly crashing. Have you
> checked for sufficient disk space / inodes / mysql temp space? It can be a
> very big table and it might need a lot of temp space for the operations.
>
> Also are you using the optomise script suitable for your version of
> mythtv? I thought that the defrag was only added recently, at least after
> fixes/0.27 (cannot immediately see that that would be the issue but
> stranger things have happened).

Mark-

Thank you for your input.

I goofed up and rebooted my system at an inopportune time this morning when
I should have looked to see what it was doing.  It was in the midst of
running optimize_mythdb and of course, it was working on the single biggest
table in the database, namely recordedseek.

I believe that myisamchk is only fixing the index records (*.MYI) and there
are corresponding anomalies in the actual data file as well (*.MYD).

I am using the correct version of optimize_mythdb, but thanks for making me
check.

I'm not sure where the comment about defrag is coming, but I don't think
that's relevant in my current circumstance.

--
Craig.