[mythtv-users] Help needed with error in recordedseek table not fixed by optimize_mythdb

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 21:14:58 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 3:03 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:

> Restore from earlier backup?

I found an earlier message on the mailing list by Michael Dean from last
February that pointed to a web link for myisam table maintenance. The
simple table check reported the same table with the same symptom, along
with one named #sql-5de_e6a.MYI as corrupted.  I suspect the latter file is
a mysql internal table and do not plan to touch it.  As for the
recordedseek table, the next step is to use myisamchk to attempt a repair
on it using the "easy safe repair" step.

For lurkers/future searches of the mailing list, the mail link I found was
http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2014-February/360413.html

As I _do_ have backups of the database, I can do as you suggested, but I'd
like to try this first.

--
Craig.