[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 10:58:02 UTC 2018

On 01/26/2018 06:34 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> </lurker>
>
> FWIW.....
>
> The XMLTV project released their 0.5.70 version on/about
> 2017-11-27 which includes the newer grabber versions
> (including tv_grab_zz_sdjson and tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite).
> If your repo has not updated to that latest version, you might
> want to contact the appropriate maintainer for your repo of
> choice and request an update.  If you do contact them, you
> may also want to point them to the next paragraphs
> information, so they can update their various watch scripts
> for upstream projects so they can be notified of future
> releases from the project.
>
> The XMLTV project has moved from sourceforge to github
> (Sourceforge was closing down the cvs support, so it was
> time to re-examine the VCS choice, and its residency).
> The location is now:  https://github.com/XMLTV/xmltv
I posted a question on launchpad.net about getting xmltv updated to
0.5.70.  Basically the paragraph above. We'll see about getting ubuntu
repository for xmltv fixed.  In the mean time, and I know this is maybe
a dumb question, but what would be the best way for me to move from the
ubuntu xmltv 0.5.67 package to 0.5.70 from github? maybe I don't need
to? What I did to get tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite was to clone it from
github and move tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite and tv_grab_na_sd to /usr/bin
and start working with it. Once I figured out the perl dependences I got
it working.

So maybe I'm fine for now? If the ubuntu xmltv repository gets updated
I'll get updated, but I'm guessing I'd have to uninstall the current
xmltv package to use the one from github.

Jim A