[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Fri Jan 26 17:40:54 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 11:43 AM, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> on Ubuntu 16.04 I just installed xmltv using apt and I got a lot of
> tv_grabber, but not the tv_grab_zz_sdjson ones.  Do I need to install the
> xmltv from the debian repository??
>

>> Jim A
>>

> You need to clone this Git repo: https://github.com/garybuhrmas
> ter/tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite
>
> git clone https://github.com/garybuhrmaster/tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite
>
> If you don't have git installed, you'll need to install that as well.
>
> sudo apt-get install git
>
> I had to copy the files from the cloned repo to /usr/bin.  They are then
> seen by mythtv-setup.  You could just browse the files on the webpage and
> copy and paste the content yourself but you lose the ability to easily
> update when Gary updates his code.
>
> If you're in the repo you've cloned, you can just
>
> git pull
>
> and get the new content when it comes down the pike.  There is a hell of a
> lot of detail to Git but that will get you the files you need.
>

> Okay, I cloned the git and now have the right commands in /usr/bin.  I
> first tried to run the --info to see if it was installed right but I got
> errors.  Are there other things to do first??
>
> tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --info
>
> Can't locate File/Which.pm in @INC (you may need to install the
> File::Which module) (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22.1
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.22.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.22
> /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22 /usr/share/perl/5.22
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base .) at
> /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite line 107.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite
> line 107.
>
> Not sure if I've missed a step.
>
> Jim A

One more thing.  When you set up the initial database, the script should be
running as the user which runs mythbackend, which is mythtv in my case.
The files get put in the currrent user's home directory so this is
important.

If you do this as a different user, you can try to copy the relevant folder
(~/.xmltv) to your mythbackend user's home directory, but it's easy to make
a mistake there.  You can try it though.  'sudo cp -R ~/.xmltv
/<mythtv_home_dir>/'.  Be sure to 'chown -R mythtv:mythtv .xmltv' (or
whatever user it happens to be in Ubuntu)  If in doubt where that home
directory is, you can check the user's entry in /etc/passwd.

This is the sort of thing that I like to try but it's really safer to do it
the right way and just log in as the mythtv user.   It will probably save
you time in the long run.  I happen to have a password for the mythtv
user.  I finally just set a password for the mythtv user because I have to
log in as that user a lot.  'sudo passwd mythtv' will do that for you.  And
you may have to add a shell for him in /etc/passwd.  Then you can just 'su
- mythtv' and login.  Again, I don't know the way that Ubuntu is set up.

Sorry if this is too simplistic.

Running 'su - mythtv -c '/usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite' may do the
trick if you don't have a password for mythtv.